Director of social software company Yoomee
Internet | Sheffield, United Kingdom, GB
I'm passionate about building social technology that connects people together to make the world a better place.
Seven years ago I started my own business, called Yoomee, to do just that.
I'm interested in working social entrepreneurs, non-profits, NGOs, local government and academic clients across the world and generally anybody that shares my passion for making the world a better place.
Check for more info -----> www.yoomee.com
Specialties: Agile, Lean, project management, social software design, user engagement, online communities, collaboration and social networking.
2004 - Present
Founder and Managing Director / Yoomee
* Owner/manager of small but growing social software consultancy (7 staff)
* Specialising in design and implementation of social network and digital community platforms
* Won R&D grant for innovation with support from BBC, Channel 4 and Orange
* Winner of UKBI Incubated Business of the Year 2008
Independent Open Source web consultant / Freelance
* Freelance web development and consulancy
* Open source consultancy using Linux, MySql and PHP
* Web 2.0 strategy... back in the day!
Senior Consultant, Denmark / Juize A/S
* Java and Oracle development of mobile internet apps
* Project manager responsible for managing team of Java developers spread over three continents (USA, Denmark and Egypt)
* Riding the first dot com boom :-)
Senior Systems Consultant / Columbus IT Partner
* Presales consultant working with Microsoft Dynamics AX ERP
* Responsible for development of proprietary international project implementation method (similar to PRINCE2)
Graduate systems analyst / British Steel
Winner of UKBI Incubated Business of the Year 2008
Web 2.0, social web, emerging use of new technology, photography, fatherhood, fencing with Épée